Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Camille Paglia on Sarah Palin and a lot more



I disagree with writer Camille Paglia on a lot of things. Doubtless, she'd disagree with me, too. But since discovering her writings in the 1990s, I've found her refreshing, thought-provoking, and witty, and I enjoy reading her immensely. Here's her latest, from Salon.


"Although nothing will sway my vote for Obama, I continue to enjoy Sarah Palin's performance on the national stage. During her vice-presidential debate last week with Joe Biden (whose conspiratorial smiles with moderator Gwen Ifill were outrageous and condescending toward his opponent), I laughed heartily at Palin's digs and slams and marveled at the way she slowly took over the entire event. I was sorry when it ended! But Biden wasn't -- judging by his Gore-like sighs and his slow sinking like a punctured blimp. Of course Biden won on points, but TV (a visual medium) never cares about that."

No comments: