Saturday, April 21, 2012

World's best coconut cake ... maybe the world's best cake, period

So I wrote yesterday about the coconut cake my wife made for my birthday, but I was writing from what it looked like and from reading the recipe.  And after a big dinner last night (8 of us altogether!) I can speak from taste:  this is the best coconut cake I've ever eaten.  Maybe the best cake I've tasted, ever.

I don't say that easily.  Coconut has long been (from childhood) a favorite of mine, and it remains so.  This cake is moist, flavorful, and full of good coconut taste.  Not a quick cake (as I pointed out yesterday, you have to start it 48 hours ahead of time!) but a good one.  One that you make for an Occasion.  A birthday, anniversary, or just when you want to show Somebody Special that you love them.  Here's the recipe, again.

No comments: